Thinking About Posting Your New Drivers License Online? Think Again
August 24, 2022
Our world has become immersed in sharing our lives through social media. Sharing on social media creates a feeling or bond between friends, but sometimes sharing some of the things we do, can become dangerous. In today’s society, we are aware that sharing our social insurance number is a faux pas, but what makes a driver s license any different? When you take a picture of your driver’s license and post it online, people can access more than one would think.
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Approximate height and weight
- A picture of you
Your driver’s license number is a unique number required for personal and confidential purposes.
Cybercrime is rampant these days, and criminals search for people who make these simple mistakes. But these mistakes could cost you your identity.
That’s not to say you shouldn’t have fun with social media; after all, becoming a new driver is a huge accomplishment. You should have fun with social media but also beware of the consequences if you were to post your licence online.
Here are some fun and unique ways to share that you are a new driver!
- Use the following hashtags on your post (don’t take a picture with any confidential information) #16yearolddriver, #teendriverontheloose, #teendriver #sharingtheroad #drivesafe, #passeddriverstest
- Take a picture next to your new car (or your family car)
- Get a “new driver’s kit” with all the essentials such as booster cables, first aid kit, flashlight, to-go mug, air freshener etc., and take a picture with it.
- Take a video of your victory dance now that you have passed your driver’s exam. #victorydance.
These are all fun ways to share your fantastic accomplishment safely.